If you ask me, these are the best pancakes in the world! I don’t care for the typical pancake, they aren’t very flavorful and leave me hungry. This pancakes have a beautiful texture and are loaded with healthy fiber. They are rustic and hearty yet still light and fluffy. Today, I’m enjoying them on the morning of a snow storm to prepare for snow shoveling!
Serves 4 people, about 8 pancakes total.
- 1 cup oat bran cereal
- 1/2 cup almond flour (can sub regular wheat flour or oat flour)
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder (or 3/4 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp white vinegar if using a LEAP diet)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or cow’s milk
- 1 egg
- butter or oil for cooking
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk and egg and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes while you put a large skillet on medium heat and let it warm up.
- Add 1 tsp of butter or oil to the pan, then pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until done.
- Serve with maple syrup, nut butter, or yogurt and fruit.
Book an appointment here! Marina Bedrossian, RDN, CDN, CLT is a family holistic dietitian who specializes in nutrition for digestive issues, nutrition for Autism, ADHD, and nutrition for food sensitivities.