I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for a while, it is just SO good. I use chopped cauliflower in place of rice, so this dish is a cruciferous powerhouse!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head raw cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup pineapple, coarsely chopped (fresh if possible, otherwise canned works too)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften and turn translucent.
- Add cauliflower, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, and coconut. Mix and let cook for about 8 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened but still has a slight crunch (“al dente”).
- Mix in pineapple and serve.
This dish is great with stir fried chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Enjoy!
Book an appointment here for personalized nutrition for children and families. If healthy eating habits don’t start now, when will they?
Marina Bedrossian, RDN, CDN, CLT is a family holistic dietitian who specializes in nutrition for digestive issues, nutrition for Autism, ADHD, and nutrition for food sensitivities.