Thanks to Samantha Vallejo, my handy dietetic intern for this great recipe. We used it for a cancer fighter/survivor group, and now it is a go-to in my kitchen. Questioning the raw zucchini? So did I, but it is AWESOME!
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized or peeled
- 2 large carrots, spiralized or peeled
- 1 cup purple cabbage,
chopped into small strips
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Spiralize or peel zucchini and carrots.
- Add to a large bowl along with the purple cabbage, celery, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Mix well.
Spicy Dressing Ingredients
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peel removed
- ½ of an avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ – 1/3 cup of water, depending on how thick/thin you prefer your dressing
- 2 tsp. maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp. fine-grain sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional add-ins: cashews, peanuts, edamame, green onions, hemp hearts
For the Dressing:
- In a blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well and serve.
Book an appointment here! Marina Bedrossian, RDN, CDN, CLT is a family holistic dietitian who specializes in nutrition for digestive issues, nutrition for Autism, ADHD, and nutrition for food sensitivities.