My version of this recipe is very low in fat compared to most cream-based salads, and is the perfect lunch item! Kids also LOVE this salad because the fruit makes it sweet.
– 2 cups cooked chopped chicken (leftovers, or grilled chicken breast)
– 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
– 4 stalks of celery, chopped
– 1 cup grapes, cut in half
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 tsp mustard
– 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
– 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
– small pinch of salt & pepper
– 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Just mix all of the ingredients together, and viola! You’ve got a lunch everyone in the family will love! And I’m talking about a lunch you will not mind eating two days in a row 🙂
Book an appointment here! Marina Bedrossian, RDN, CDN, CLT is a family holistic dietitian who specializes in nutrition for digestive issues, nutrition for Autism, ADHD, and nutrition for food sensitivities.