Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with Apricots
Serves 4; Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth or 1 cup if using couscous
- 1 cup quinoa or whole wheat couscous
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa, apricots, and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the beans and parsley. Season lightly with salt & pepper if needed.
Per ¾ cup serving: 248 Cal; 4 g Fat; 240 mg Sodium; 43 g Total Carb; 7 g Fiber, 10 g Pro
Book an appointment here! Marina Bedrossian, RDN, CDN, CLT is a family holistic dietitian who specializes in nutrition for digestive issues, nutrition for Autism, ADHD, and nutrition for food sensitivities.